The burning heart

The Burning heart.

 how does it feel aftermath a tragedy?

There are people who have lost their loved ones in an accident, someone sitting by the shore heartbroken, someone who recently had a divorce, a newly wed bride lost her husband in a war.
A young girl whose beloved pet is gone, a child whose favourite toy has been broken. A man who lost his wallet. 

Behind all these stories there is one common ground, everyone is heartbroken and there’s one more thing they have in common that is pain.

if we ask the same people to rate their intensity of pain they are experiencing on a numeric scale, it can be from mild to severe. 

Not everybody experiences the same intensity of pain, and healing too takes place varying from person to person. 

Some heals too quickly
 and some takes years. 

In my case, I didn’t sit by a shore. I had a cup of cold coffee in my hands, sitting in a café, writing this piece.

Maybe this was my way of processing heartbreak. 

Writing feels like a release especially when I am in pain. 

This is my art that shows up on a paper when my heart is accumulated with grief. 

Art that looks beautiful on the outside and grief that keeps the heart burning.

I stopped writing for a year; everyone asked me "why don’t you write anymore?"

Even if I would write, I could not give my words any emotions. 

I knew exactly where all the emotions came from and I used to say to myself, I am finally happy now, I no more want to write. 

But perhaps life has its own way of arranging a series of events, each one leading us toward the moment that was meant to be created.

And the heartbreak had to find me again, so that I can write, express my art in a most beautiful way I know.

I am writing this and I am still in pain.
The kind of pain that doesn’t hide when I smile.

And that is how it is for everyone who has lost something once they loved. 
They still walk, eat, laugh, maybe some are crying, some are sitting by the shore introspecting, some are cooking, some are laughing on a joke around a dining table with their colleagues.

Some are still processing.

But beneath all of these
there’s a heart that’s burning inside.
~ Sneha

Popular posts from this blog

Attachment

श्रृंगार और तुम

I am growing up again .